"Talk it out. You’re in control."
Family And Whānau Support
Hawke’s Bay Gambling Service also provides free advice, support and counselling to anyone in the community who may be worried about someone else’s gambling. It could be your partner, children, an employee, or close friend.
Coping with a family member or friend’s gambling behaviour can be hard.
We can support you in the following ways:
- Education about gambling addiction.
- Support with keeping finances safe.
- A confidential place to talk through your worries and concerns.
- Empower you to focus on your strengths.
- Understanding that gambling is the problem, not the person.
- Show you ways to support them in their struggles.
TRO can assist you with this process which can place a ban on you gambling at specific venues for a set period of time.
There are a number of blocking options available via your MyLotto account.
FROM ONLINE POKIES
blocks all gambling apps and websites worldwide, including niche ones like cryptocurrencies and e-sports betting.